About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Food Network Junkie

We just got cable back so now I am able to watch my favorite channel, the Food Network! I just love to see whats cookin. Sometimes I even try the recipes. You should be so lucky to be the experimentee. I must admit Sarah and the girls are pretty patient. I few weeks ago I made a pasta with pumpkin sauce. It was ok. Nothing to write home about. It sounded better than it tasted. Of course if I don't have alot of the stuff they put in their recipes I improvise. Maybe it's the improvising that doesn't work so well. Tonight there were 2 recipes on Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals that I'm going to try. Papa al Pomodoro - otherwise known as "stale bread soup" and Florentine Meatballs. Think I will try those over the Christmas break. Check out the recipe on http://www.foodnetwork.com/ After I try them and if I like them maybe I'll post them.

Right now I'm waiting for "Paula's Party," at 9:00 p.m. She is going to have the rock-ets and also Amy Grant.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

you have to have the exact ingredients! what also works is when you go on the website to get the recipes,compare it to another similar recipe on all recipes.com and then create your own by doing al ittle bit of both!

Kathy said...

ok, sounds like good advice!

Unknown said...

I saw Paula's party last week one night. She is one crazy lady. I improvise all the time. I can't be bothered with all the ingredients or steps. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Kristen, Audrey and Don are great at following directions.

Magnoliawhispers said...

I made white peach/wild blueberry pie last night with freezer fruit that needed to get used, and Pillsbury crust. I put oatmeal, brown sugar and flour over top and it turned out great. At least Jackt thought so.