About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weighty Matters ~Week 2

You win some you lose some. It was a battle this past week and I lost. Not pounds, but the battle. I [won] some hard earned lost pounds back. So, okay crisis over. Back at it again this week. It is a new week and a new beginning. I had a new realization today at the meeting. We had to get in small groups and in my group was a nice older lady who said she was a life time member. I thought, wow, why are you still coming? Then it hit me. Because she needs to come to the meeting to stay with the program. That's what sunk home. I will need to attend for the rest of my life to "stay with the program." I certainly didn't get this way over night and I have been over weight for years. So, I'm guessing It will take a looooooong time to come off and then I will need to work at keeping it off for the rest of my life. Similar to an alcoholic. Yikes! I really plan to make it to goal this time. I've never done that before - either make it to goal or even plan to make it to goal. Huh, maybe that's been a problem. If you don't set a goal how can you achieve the goal? Or, if I have set a goal before it's been only 30 lbs or something that isn't even close to what I really need to lose because I have really been telling myself that I could never actually lose 80 lbs. So, that was a really BIG enlightenment.

2 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

yes, a foodaholic needs a 12 step program kind of thing and accountability for the rest of life. I know it, been there, still there. Keep losing and gaining the same crummy lbs. Why don't they stay away. Because food is an insidious thing, not like an alcoholic where you have to drink more and more, with food you think you're doing good one, minute and BAM, the next minute you blow it before you even realize it.

Unknown said...

Just to encourage you-mom was a life-time member of weight watchers. I also loved your idea of being a weight watchers instructor. People would love you because you would be so funny.