About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I "Heart" the Farmer's Market

Really, any farmer's market. But, today I visited the one in Northville. My second hometown. It was fallish, cool and crisp. Started with a cup of 1/2 caff. Circled the market once before making my purchases. Ha, I got there at the appointed time, even maybe 5 or 10 minutes early. My early bird sistopher had already been there for a 1/2 hour and had filled up 2 carts full! Wow, she was born to shop.
I got the following:
2 little pumpkin decoration thingies
1 box of cooking apples, I think the guy called them 'spie-gold,' combo of spies and golden delicious
1 box of eating apples, honeycrisp
1 tomato for the pizza i will make later this weekend (organic)
1 red onion (organic)
1 red pepper (organic)
4 large red pepper to stuff
1 half loaf of low carb grain bread from Great Harvest

Had breakfast with the sistopher a Rebecca's in Northville. No stories, but let me just say, YIKES we are both getting forgetful! LOL
Stopped at VG's on the way home for some lunch meat. Got some organic turkey breast and some (not organic) buffalo chicken breast. This week on Biggest Loser I got the idea to wrap veggies in lunchmeat.


Dinner tonight. Sausage and cabbage with onions cooked in the crockpot. Some of the bread from Great Harvest. AND, baked apples. Yumm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL on the forgetful. Scary! Dinner sounds yummy. We had the green beans-you know I bought so MANY!!

Kristen said...

Mmm, gma h swore by Spies for her apple pies! I made one yesterday w a combo and it was YUMMO! Fun to be watching BL w ya too! Who are you rootin for? I like brendan and the other young dad.

Kathy said...

@ Kristen, not sure yet. I do like those 2 guys.