About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Corn and Beans~ Beans and Corn

I love this time of year when the beans and corn are brown and crunchy looking. Just waiting for the ole combine to mow em down and bring em in. I rode in a combine once; on the Hoisington farm out in Pinckney. Just cause I wanted to. That was back in the good old days. We used to go out there with the LCA peeps every fall for hay rides, hot dogs + (pot luck), and a huge bonfire. So generous to invite the whole gang every year. Then they had a fire, almost the entire farm burned down. So sad! ~Wow, that got a little off topic.~

Anyway, I finished my first crochet project; a washcloth. Turned out pretty good I might add. Went back to the store for more yarn. Started a second one. When I feel comfortable I'm gonna start a towel. Bought some halloween towels on sale at Kohl's so I need to hurry up and get them done.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Beans and corn, corn and beans, diarrhea, cha cha cha...seriously that is what my first thought was when I read the title! Haha!

Kathy said...

Kristen, now that's funny!

Unknown said...

I know I should know what LCA is but give me a hint.... And the crochet-I am totally impressed that you taught yourself. Don't think I could do that. Beans and Rice, Rice and beans-Dave Ramsey.

Kathy said...

Linden Charter Academy. What does beans & rice have to do with dave ramsey? Oh, wait, that's all you can eat, right?

Unknown said...

Right-until yer bills are paid off.

Lisa said...

I miss them good ole days!!