About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Busy Saturday

Caught up on life with my old friend Morris Code. Then I dressed and showered and we headed off to Wolcott's Apple Orchard for the annual fall festival. Sarah's mom and dad bring their tractors as part of the tractor show. We had a bowl of bean soup (made in a big cast iron pot) a cup of cider and cinnamon doughnut. Walked around the craft show. Bought a Sweet Annie wreath for the front door, scarves for Bailey, a new dog tag for him too, and some fall towels that have the crochet top on them so you can hang them from your stove or fridge. (more about the towels later) Got really, really cold so we decided to head home. Looking at the towels, I had one of my stellar idea moments and decided that I could make those towels. So we stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way home and got some crochet hook thingies and some yarn. Luckily a lady was there buying yarn and she helped settle the "quiet" argument we were conducting on what kind of yarn to buy. When we got home I promptly got on the computer and did a few searches on crocheting and watched a few getting started videos, a little reading, downloaded a few patterns, and voila' I was chain stitching away like mad. Right in time to the snoring going on, from the couch! I quickly added the single stitch, (sc) and double crochet stitch. (dc) That was all I needed for my first project, a simple wash cloth. I did start over about 3 times, but that was just to get into the swing of things. After about 5 rows down, we decided to head out for dinner and some more yarn. We hit, K-Mart which doesn't carry yarn any more. JoAnne's which was way to pricey. Finally Wal-Mart where I got some yarn for the towels and some more of the wash cloth type yarn. Then a quick stop at Kohl's for a few halloween towels. Whew! That's all for now-- got to go and finish my first wash cloth.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

my first thought about the crochet towel hanging thingy was "aww, Grandma!" She always had them hanging from her stove and fridge. Nice to here you are making washcloths! :)

Unknown said...

Wow hidden talent. I could never crochet-mom tried to teach me. Your fall trip sounds like the Johnny Appleseed Festival in Ft. Wayne and Morris Code--a real person???------

Kathy said...

Well, speak up Morris!

Unknown said...

Yes, do speak up Morris....I am waiting....