About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Garden Ideas


Sunday I bought the Old Farmer's Almanac, Garden Guide. Very exciting. Full of ideas and tips for many interesting types of gardens. Some of them are: How to bring butterflies or hummingbirds into your garden, How to grow tasty tomatoes, 4 easy mailbox plots, a cook's garden and The almost instant garden. I'm thinking about using this technique for the garden this year. You put down 4 layers of newspaper, then 2 inches of compost, then plant your seeds. You make 36 inch wide beds with wood-chip paths in between. This method is supposed to block the weeds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good to me. Is that the instant garden? That's the one I need.

Kathy said...

Yeppers!