About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Field Day Saturday

Freezing cold, but sunny start. First a trip to Donna's doughnuts. I know, I know, bad, bad, bad. But, it was my motivation for going to work. Then a trip to the metal scrap yard. A check for $89 for depositing other people's junk. Thank you very much. A couple quick bids in Flint. Then a stop at an old but awesome house where we had to remove 100's of pop and beer bottles and cans. I love those older homes. They have so much personality. This one had a Michigan room, where I could see myself sunning in the summer time. A sewing room upstairs, plus a funky bathroom behind a wall painted to look like an outdoor garden. A rooftop deck. Oh the flowers and vegetable I could plant up there! Oak floors and solid oak stair railings. I felt sorry for the people because they left behind a lot of items that I guess they couldn't or didn't have room for. A pair of work boots, oh they're Sarah's size. Grab those. A room full of books. Ah, the library.
Today, we're making home made whole wheat pizza dough. Got a rolling bar, some thin cutting mats, on which to build the pizzas, and an olive oil spritzer. Can't wait to try them out tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The house sounds loverly. What is a Michigan room? Did you grab me a few books? How did the pizza turn out?

Unknown said...

P.s. No comment on Donna's donuts :)

Magnoliawhispers said...

how much metal did you have to deposit to get $89?

Kathy said...

A Michigan room is like a Fla room, only not heated. You can only use it in the summer. Glass on 3 sides.
Um, let's see. They seperate the metal into different categories, but 940 lbs overall. The pizza was awesome. Nope, didn't grab any books, that's personal property.