About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Word of The Day

Word of the Day for Wednesday, January 14, 2009
jettison \JET-uh-suhn, JET-uh-zuhn\, verb:
1. to throw goods overboard to lighten a ship or aircraft in distress2. the act of throwing goods overboard when a craft is in distress; also, the goods thrown overboard3. (figurative) to throw away; discard
If I were still teaching I would have "word of the day" on the board each day! I hope this enlightens you.
I just heard that Bishop Airport reported a new record low of -19 degrees sometime over the night-time period. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hey there...what's your ticker counting down to? Florida?

Magnoliawhispers said...

brrrr is right, nasty cold

Kathy said...

yep, florida!

Magnoliawhispers said...

a steamer is frothed milk just like a Latte, but w/o the expresso and you put different flavorings in it

Unknown said...

Jettison-like you climb out of a jet that just landed in the Hudson River.