About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cha Cha Cha Chia.......Garden


Well, something like that. Couldn't find it. So I bought a starter herb/plant mini greenhouse. I've been craving fresh herbs. I'll be planting basil, parsley, cilantro (of course) and rosemary.

Yesterday was niece Karen's baby shower. Of course, another snow squall. He was one week old yesterday. I held him, he is really cute. He was very alert the whole time I was holding him. And, he barely made a peep. The picture is the Diaper Cake that neighbor Renee made for me.

Isn't it cute? The winner of the awesome gift of the shower however, was my sister Jan's gift of blankets with buttons from our grandma's button collection sewn onto them.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

For sure on the buttons. how DID she get those buttons? The diaper cake was really cute. Can't wait to see what is in it. Where are you growing your fresh herbs? The hats Laura made were pretty cute. Wish I could knit like that.

Magnoliawhispers said...

i've had those buttons for years, really. I don't remember when I got them, I've had them since they went into the home or something like that. I've carried them around with me to every house. Unlike Mom's recipe box that suddenly disappeared :)

Kathy said...

ha, good one. Yes the hats were really cute.

Chris said...

What is on the top of the diaper cake? I know what it looks like from the picture but just curious. I want a Chia herb garden also. I have never had one before.

Renee said...

A teddy bear is on top!