About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Chai Tea Latte


I made my own. I bought Chai Tea bags by TAZO. I added a bit of honey and some organic 1/2 and 1/2. I sound like my sister Marlene. The traditional masala chai is a bracing, strongly spiced beverage brewed with so-called "warm" spices. Black tea and then most masala chai incorporates one or more of the following: cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, peppercorn, and cloves. I haven't figured out how to make the "latte" part yet. It's pretty yummy.
Yesterday we had a deliciouso ham dinner at Mike & Chris's. It was the holiday ham I never got. Thank you Chris! Today we are all back to work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's the directions: You need to get a little hand-held frother. It runs on batteries. You heat the milk/cream in a glass container or mug in the microwave and then give it a little whip with the frother. Add it to Chai tea. Audrey got me one at William Sonoma. You can order one www.REPUBLICofTEA.com I think it is $10 there.

Kathy said...

ok, there I go. Thanks.