About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Organized and Arranged

Spent some bucks at good ole Home Depot getting shelving, tool boxes, tools etc.. The garage is getting quite messy with all the work stuff. It's amazing how much stuff having 2 vehicles out on the road makes. Robbie (Code) and Sarah are planning to clean it all & set up tomorrow. Good Luck! As long as I can still park in the garage.
Today's 8 Great for me include: oats, bokchoy (sub. for spinach), tomatoes, carrots. pistachios & peas. wow! You really need to get the book, because of the substitutes. Too much room to list them all.
The next (5) on the Worst Foods List:
Krispy Kreme Caramel Kreme Crunch; 21 fat g.
Dunkin doughnuts Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant; 630 cal., 45 fat g.
Hostess Cherry Fruit Pie; 480 cal., 33 sugar g.
Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll; 813 cal. 117 carb
Burger King TRIPLE Whopper; 2,220 cal., 2590 mg. sodium - that is disgusting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yea lets go get the triple whopper. Did you get the book at Target? Gotta get it for the substitutes. I had all 8:
spinach
oats (put em in my pancakes)
black beans (in my salad)
carrots,
blueberries (fresh in the pancakes)
walnuts (on my salad)
Yogurt (dessert)
tomato and......9...a pear

Magnoliawhispers said...

so I got started with black beans, tomatoes and yogurt. The triple whopper sounds like a triple bypass waiting to happen

Magnoliawhispers said...

oh, we have been eating collards, so I guess that counts for spinach. Except that I cook them with some bacon fat for flavoring, yes I know, yuukk, but that's what give them flavor. I don't use "fat back" like other southerns do!