About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brady Paul Fisher



My neice Karen finally birthed her big baby boy yesterday. He is 8 lb 11 oz and 21 inches long. She went into the hospital around 4:30 a.m. on Saturday in the middle of the snowstorm. He was born at 3:22 in the afternoon. Isn't he a cutie?

For those of you keeping track, no I didn't receive my contract from Flint Schools. Crazy. Apparently they think I want to work for free. They are still "finalizing" the contract. I haven't been doing so good on eating the 8 best foods either. Time to get back on track. My sister (Jan) even sent me a recipe for spinach stuffed meatloaf. Good way to include the spinach.

I finally read, The Shack. An excellent read. Very deep. Very thought provoking. Very action provoking. I recommend it highly. A funny story about the book. I took it to the Doctor's office on Tues. when Niki had her 3 hour glucose test. I guess I left the book there. (Sorry Marlene) I called the next day and they said it wasn't there. So, maybe somebody picked it up. That would be ok I guess. So I bought a new book and finished it last night. Now I need to get the book back to Marlene. I think she gave it to me in the summer. Oops. Can't wait to discuss the book with Don!

6 comments:

Laura said...

This little Brady is so handsome and he's the same size T.C. was when he was born. Congrats!

Magnoliawhispers said...

you can discuss the book with Jack, he's reading it now. It's a "to twice read" book. Most employers think you want to work for free nowday, tell them to get on the stick.

Lisa said...

I'm "reading" The Shack on my IPod. :) I don't have time anymore to read, so I cheat.

Kathy said...

I was thinking that about reading it again. It was alot to take in. How do you read on your ipod? and how is that cheating?

Lisa said...

Well, you technically you 'listen' to it on the ipod. I bought it from itunes. I burned the book to CD's for the technology teacher who 'reads' audio books while driving. :) I'm a cheater. I've 'read' The Flip Side, A New Earth, How Full Is Your Bucket, The Pact on my IPod, and now The Shack. Next I'm 'reading' So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore. P.S. I think I'm gonna copy and paste this comment/blog to my blog now. :) Sorry about the job with Flint. And that baby is definitely a KeePEr!!! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I am glad you liked it. People either love or they don't. I would like to read it again. Funny story about leaving it at the doctor's office.
Yes the baby is so cute and definately a keeper.