About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Eating Well Blog Part II

It's been requested of me to post the diabetic diet plan. This is for 1200 - 1400 calories. In order to follow this properly you need a diabetic or a food exchange list.
Carbs: 45 at each meal and 15 for each of 1 or 2 snacks
Meats: 4 - 6 exchanges - basically ounces
Fruits - 2 counts towards the carbs group
Milks - 2 counts towards the carbs groun
Veg. - 3 - 5 servings of non-starchy
The exchange list can be found at: http://www.diabetessymptom.net/news/news_item.cfm?NewsID=54
I'll be starting this in full force today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea!!! Thank you

Unknown said...

Okay after all that I ended up making mom's fluffy meatloaf. I was just craving it.

Kathy said...

meatloaf is ok! In fact I'm making it tomorrow!