About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup - My Version

I made a pot today! Yum. Love to eat it with a sandwich for lunch. It's a good way to get all your veggies in. Even Renee liked it. First timer.

2 c. cabbage, sliced fine
1 c. celery, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper
1/4 onion chopped
1 large can c. V-8 juice or tomato
1 c. water
1 or 2 bouillon cubes, beef
2 tbsp. lemon juice
splash hot sauce
1 Tlbs Worchester sauce
2-4 tsp. Equal sweetener (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large kettle and cook until vegetables are tender but not overcooked.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yum sounds great-will make it next week when it gets cold again :(

Audrey said...

I ate so much of this soup as a kid. My mom and grandma made it in GIANT batches. Once I ate 6 bowls for lunch. It wasn't pretty and I haven't eaten it since. :)