About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day, although not a holiday in its own right, is a notable day celebrated in many countries on April 1. The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, family members, enemies, and neighbors, or sending them on a fool's errand, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible. Traditionally, in some countries, the jokes only last until noon: like UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa, someone who plays a trick after noon is called an "April Fool".[1] Elsewhere, such as in Ireland, France, and the USA, the jokes last all day.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Well, Kathy. I must say that I think of you every year on April Fool's Day. You were the only person to ever seriously prank me......remember calling me when I worked at Schwebber and impersonating one of my accounts.....you had me totally freaked out and it was hilarious.

Unknown said...

Riley loved it today. We told stories all day. Did Syd participate? My brothers used to do terrible things to me. Mark put garlic salt in my pillow. I will never forget the smell.

Renee said...

I'm glad I made it through the day with no jokes on me. Probably just jokes about me.

Kathy said...

Wow, I'm so old my memory is failing me, I do not remember the prank that Karen is talking about. I will have to ponder that. I'm waiting for my friend Chris to chime in because I pranked her pretty bad yesterday. Sydney told her teacher that she had purple teeth. Should've pulled one on Renee, she deserves a good prank.