About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Sistopher Outing

Yesterday started with a leisuryly drive down to Livonia. The trees were really looking pretty in all their splendiforous glory. We piled into the car and went to our first location; the Northville Farmers Market. The trunk was soon loaded with squash, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, beans, bread, fall decorations and even a huge pumpkin that is going all the way back to SC. Apparently they have no pumpkins there. We even went back for a second trip. I bought some pretty yellow/orange mums and the sistophers added a few more items. Then we went downtown for lunch at Rebecca's. Marlene and I chose the cabbage/veg soup and the sweet potato fries. Oh my! They were so yummy! Pretty fattening I'm sure, but oh so good. Our next stop was to the Northville Cider Mill. We walked back to the river to see the ducks. They were paddling around waiting for stale doughnuts. They didn't get any from us. We then proceeded into the store to purchase cider, doughnuts, carmel apples and cider slushes! We arrived back home stuffed and tired. Don and Riley pulled in to the driveway just as we were pulling in. No rest for the weary. Aunt Jan had bought some huge paper dolls from her earlier garage saling trip. So we made clothes for the dolls for the next hour or so. Riley is pretty creative and enjoyed making the clothes. Soon it was time for dinner. My sister can still cook so don't let her fool you. She made Italian crusted chicken, stuffing a squash bake, and fresh green beans. Cider Mill doughnuts for dessert. Very good! I had to leave so I wouldn't be driving in the dark; which I hate. All in all a very fun day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your version more than mine-more descriptive. We will have to figure out how to make the sweet potato fries with less calories.

Kathy said...

I'm going to try them with the wee little sweet potatoes you so graciously shared with me

Renee said...

SOunds like you all had a wonderful day, it is nice to hear all the sisterly love. Wish I had a sistopher!

Laura said...

I really liked your sistopher outing too and the splendiforous glory....I looked at my desk and keyboard all day. SIgh.

Unknown said...

Ah yes, it is nice to have sisterly love. The baby sweet potatoes probably won't last as long as the big ones. I am going to try them today or tomorrow.

Kathy said...

How are you going to prepare them?