About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Fun


The girls scrapbook weekend was lots of fun and very relaxing. I'm not sure how many pages were scrapped but it was a good excuse to get away. Friday night we ate fish and chips at the Canadian Steak and Fish in Grayling. We all decided it was only "ok." Saturday was mostly rainy, but the sun did eek out so we decided to hit the road and drove to Petoskey. We introduced Renee & Chris to the Roast & Toast and other of our favorite shops in town. Renee was a maniac with the camera! Driving and snapping and making me very nervous. She did get a lot of really nice pictures though. I love her new camera. She let me take some pics and I actually took a few good shots. I will put them on various blogs. We returned home and had yummy taco salad and then Harvest Pumpkin Spice Bars for dessert. Sunday morning we decided not to make breakfast (so we could get the dishwasher running....) and opted for breakfast out at the One Water Street Cafe. 3 of us had the famous eggs Benedict. By the time we got home it was raining, hailing and thundering. Poor Sarah still had to winterize the boat. She was sopping wet by the time she was done. After cleaning and packing we got on our way about 1:00 or 1:30. It was crazy weather. We kept going in and out of sleet, hail and severe winds. The temp would drop 10 degrees inside one of the "dark spells." Then the sun would pop out and the temp would go up 10 degrees. Renee got us all safely home. She probably had a hard time uncrimping her fingers from the steering wheel. I got the most pages completed at 10, but I must admit I was only working in an 8 x 8 book. I think we will try and make this an annual trip! It was so much fun and quite relaxing.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

less going out and more staying in and GET THOSE PAGES DONE!! =D

Unknown said...

Renee is a picture-taking freak like me-a girl after my own heart. Poor Sarah-she got the worst job. And speaking of scrapbooking-anything anyone needs from Creative Memories? Putting my order in tomorrow night.