About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR ~ 2008

I am enjoying the morning - quiet, I love to be up by myself. It's just me and Phoebe (Bailey's sister.) I already put the mushrooms in the crockpot and I'll be starting the marinade for the chicken satay skewers soon. Later I'll be putting together the ham/cheese pinwheels and the brushetta. Isn't that a weird combination of food? Just a few easy appetizers, I really didn't want to fuss.
Well, we really got our fair share of snow. I haven't seen the amounts yet, but it looks to be 6 or 8 inches, AND there is supposed to be snow showers, blowing and drifting all day. The kids are supposed to go back to school tomorrow but I predict a snow day. Last time we only had 5 inches of snow and there was a snow day. That would work out well for me because I am supposed to pick up lil sis Alyssa tomorrow and take her sledding.
Happy New Year One and All!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

why are you making all that food? are you having a little par-tay?

Kathy said...

Nope, I just didn't feel like cooking dinner.

Renee said...

SNOW DAY!!!! URG!!!

Lisa said...

Have fun tomorrow...when do you go back?

Kathy said...

yuh huh. Not til monday, but i have to go to a meeting at northwestern on thursday and another one on saturday. :-(

Lisa said...

We go back Monday too. I started blogging again, hopefully I'll keep up with it this time.

Renee said...

I got the scrapin' table up and the cutter plugged in..

Unknown said...

I love to be alone too sometimes.