About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Flat and About to be Flat Tire

This morning when I was driving to work I heard an extra clickety-clack. I pulled over, zipped up and hooded up, got out and looked at my tires. Couldn't see a thing. Later when I was parked at the admin. building I came out to go to lunch and sure enough my back right tire was flat as a pancake. I called Sarah because I was supposed to meet her for lunch. Then I called Ford Emergency Road Service. They said it would be an hour so we drove up to Rally's got a Rally combo and by the time we got back the guy was there. Good timing. So he changed the tire, Sarah and I switched cars and off I went. She called me from the tire store. There was a hunk of metal in my tire and then a nail in another one. So I needed 2 new tires. Good thing the last time I had a flat a couple of months ago I bought the replacement insurance on all tires. It was only 30 bucks to replace 2 tires! But, man on the coldest day of the year. I'm just glad it happened at the admin. building.
A freak day off school yesterday. It was 45 degrees but school everywhere except in the city schools was cancelled. So I had school but everyone else was off. They said the bus drivers got out but called in saying the back roads were solid ice. It was all that snow and then the rain on top. You would think the warm temps. would have melted the ice but I guess it wasn't enough time. Then this morning ALL the roads were icy but they didn't cancel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry about the tires. The only ice I have seen is in my ice tea glass;)

Kristen said...

so did you have a snow day? what did you do? what are you ding today? and tomorrow?