About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Very Frightening Day

I should not have said what I said yesterday, nothing new under the sun. The impossible happened. Sarah was held at gunpoint and robbed while doing work at a house in Flint yesterday. She was getting something out of her van and the dude walked up and grabbed her by the shoulder and said "hey." When she turned around he had a gun pointed at her head. He only took what was in her pockets: phone, keys, camera, & a pocket full of change. As he started to leave he said, "get out of here, " she said to him, "I can't you have my keys!" He then replied, "shut up or I'll shoot your dog." Who was just standing there being his calm self. She just walked away and then remembered she had an extra set of keys in the van. She got Bailey in and drove off. She ended up at a fire station, pounded on the door, because of course in Flint even the Fire stations lock their doors. They called 911 for her, she called me and then waited for the po-po. When the po-po asked for her ID she couldn't find her wallet, so we're not sure where that is. She didn't remember giving it to the guy. She was pretty shook up by the time she got home. We went to the hardware and bought new locks and security lights because the guy has our keys and maybe our address. The po-po said , "don't let it stop you from doing your work, it's a one time thing." That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. WE are thanking God that she got out unharmed!! And I was thinking that maybe just maybe Bailey being the calm kind of dog he is just might have saved his skin. If he was aggressive he might not still be here.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

OH MY SCARY-NESS! so glad that no one got hurt!

Unknown said...

I "leaked" the story before you told everyone...you sure scared me yesterday when you called. Hey that's what big sisters are for. Glad Sarah and Bailey are OK.

Lisa said...

That is so scary. The one time thing, that sounds completly reasonable for Flint. Don't you read the Flint Journal? It's a very safe place to be. :\ Seriously, I'm glad he did not hurt them.