About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Just Like Soloman...

there is nothing new under the sun. Or so it seems.

Actually, we have been busy at work with our new program at one of the high schools. Wow! Very scary. In Flint they have combined the 7 - 12th grades into the H.S. That makes 1500 students at the school we visited. We are presenting a motivational program that would give incentives for excellence in behavior, attendance and grades. (All stuff they should be doing anyway) Yesterday we spoke to the 11th and 12th graders, which was the smallest group of all. I asked one of the teachers if they were all there. She said yes this is a small group. Why I asked? The answer, because most of the kids drop out by 11th grade. There are only 100 in 12th grade in a school of 1500 students! Sad. The disrespect of the students would shock and scare you. On a happier note I saw several of my old third grade students! What a trip. They are now in H.S. and WAY taller than me. I received hugs and warm receptions, and it was fun to talk about old times with my former students. Many of them seemed to be doing well - that made me feel good.

3 comments:

Renee said...

My freshman class started out with 900 students. They told us to look around because half of us would be gone by 12th grade. (Maybe they shouldn't say those things to kids) It was true, there were under 350 students at graduation, from Flint Central.

Unknown said...

I think you had better change your blog or add to it after today's events :(

Kristen said...

what does marlene's comment mean?