About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Snow Day

Yesterday was a snow day (not for me - but anyone who was supposed to go back to school.) I decided to take little sis Alyssa sledding. We bundled up and headed to the sledding slope at Elms Rd. Park. Nothing like what I remember of Hines Park or Kensington. But, a good size hill for a 6 year old. (and 49 year old) We met the Aurands there and had fun taking turns on the various sleds, etc. that we had. Neighbor Elissa said to me, "look what I have--an old fashioned wooden sled!" "Old fashioned," I exclaimed. I then proceeded to "school" her on the benefits of the wooden sled. Anyway, I was brave enough to jump (more like fall) onto the blow-up raft type thing that we had brought and slid down the slope. I was extremely frightened when it started going sideways. I managed to stay on to the very end. We all had a ball but soon headed in for some hot chocolate because it was freezing cold!
All that sledding reminded me of when dad used to take us sledding when we were kids. I loved to go to Hines, one time I remember that brother Rob went so far he went in between the hay stacks they had for stoppers and flew into the parking lot road, that was scary. I also remember going to those mountainous slopes at Kensington. Talk about frightening!! Those things were MAJOR horror runs.

4 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

you certainly are brave to go out in the cold for one thing and then to fling your almost 50 yr old bod that had surgery 3 times last year down the hill. I'm glad you didn't freeze or break anything. Your mother might have frowned on that expedition !

Lisa said...

I love your sister's comments, she does make a very valid point, but I sure do wish I had my camera. Did you all happen to take a camera, you know, for scrapbooking purposes? I know you know how to post pictures. LOL, I wondered if you went and where, I thought maybe you'd have gone to Southwestern. There was a lot of people sledding there.

Kathy said...

No about the camera, I was wishing we had brought it. And, NO to Southwestern, I could barely get the kid to brave the slope at Elms Rd. In fact she went down the smaller front side!!

Unknown said...

I like your adventuresome spirit.