About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Field Day Thursday




A trip to St. John and Henderson Mi. First a stop at Hardee's in Owosso. One of the few left. Then on to St. John where I mowed and Sarah did the "maid service." Basically just wiping down everything and vacuuming, like a "refresh" cleaning. Then on to Henderson, which is out in the middle of nowhere basically. The farmers were bringing in the hay. The grass at the property was super high. I guess last time the crew tried to mow there the lawn was wet. Some spots were over a foot tall! I had to go real slow. It was huge too! Over an acre I'd say. About half way through I noticed my neck and arms were getting hot and burny. I covered with an extra shirt for the duration. Man it was hot. Then more sitting in the sun. Niki's games last night-they're always a double-header. Whew! More hot. They squeaked out both games though. Was wishing I had a pool to go swimming in when I got home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There's a Henderson, Michigan?????
Cool!!! It was really hot to be outside yesterday.

Chris said...

Wow you were styling on that mower. Sorry about the pool....I am sure it will be hot this summer just because we are filling it in. Maybe I will get out the sprinkler and you can come over and run thru it. LOL

Kathy said...

Yep, a Henderson MI. I will take a pic next time. Chris, Ha Ha. I might have to take you up on that.:)