About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Turkey Talk

So I've been hearing much talk about "brining" the turkey. Has anyone tried it? You soak the turkey overnight in salt water. It supposedly makes for a very moist bird. And then there is the infamous "Turducken." You have a turkey stuffed with duck, then chicken and stuffing. Wow, lots of work there! Me, I think I'll just throw Tom in the ole roaster and let him roast away. I did buy a fresh turkey this year. We'll see if that makes a difference.
In other news, my boss (?), do I still have one? Anyway, he called this morning and said that the grant money, or part anyway, has come in and that he is meeting with his boss and he should have some information for me about when I can return to work. Just in time! I have one more week of unemployment left.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Here's praying for some good news for you! I'm sure whichever you do with your turkey, it will be great.

Magnoliawhispers said...

we will be having T-Day dinner at our church Tuesday night, shredded turkey, rice and gravy, corn bread stuffing, sweet potato, they don't have mashed potatoes and gravy int the south

Unknown said...

do you have mom's dessing recipe?

Kathy said...

why do you ask me questions like that?

Unknown said...

Because I want to know how many of mom's cooking secrets you have :)