About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nice Couple-a Days

It's been a nice couple o days, as you probably know. The "aunt & uncle" left early this a.m. Got up at 7 am to see them off. It was nice visiting with them. I went to the Linden Market yesterday afternoon and bought 4 HUGE Porterhouse steaks. Sarah grilled them and I made baked potatoes with all the toppings and pan-seared mushrooms, oh so yummy! We sat around and watched the election junk till we could stand it no more.
Today I've been busy reconciling the KNS accounts. Got to go see the account and get everything going. Chris and I made time for lunch at Olive Garden. Tried the new Gnocchi soup, but both of us returned to our old favorites. Mine - Pasta Fagolia, and Christ the Tuscan one. Bread sticks and salad were as yummy as ever.
Tonight I was in a snit about dinner so I wandered around the grocery store for a while. As I was stalking the meat isle I swept past the shrimp freezer. Ah-ha thought I. Shrimp on the barbie. And to go with that a cheese fondue with crusty bread. I returned home and whipped up a peanut-butter/soy/ginger sauce for the shrimp. It was excellent! So was the fondue. Later we're having vanilla ice cream covered with fresh strawberries. What will tomorrow bring? Oh yeah, I have a playdate with Sydney.

No comments: