About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, July 2, 2007

T Minus 7, 6 5, and 4 Days


Thursday and Friday I spent getting ready for camping over the weekend. Washing, packing, shopping, etc...
We left Friday evening for Seven Lakes State Park/Campround. We camped with our neighbors Friday thru Sunday. Ah, there is nothing like sitting around the campfire competing to make the best toasted marshmallow! I have to say six year old Evan is a master already. He really has the patience to wait and make a perfectly tanned toasty, squishy marshmallow. Mine of course kept flaming up...
We swam, read, ate, hiked, slept and rested.
I of course tried to tell scarey stories by the monlight campfire. I was doing pretty good with my own version of the headless horseman. Evan was pretty mezmerized until Katie grabbed him at the scarietst part. He was scared and started crying as we were all laughing so I quickly changed the story to have a humerous ending. Something like, "so he grabbed his head out of the bag and put it back on his shoulders." Evan quickly forgot his scare as everyone started cracking up.

Sunday night we went to dad's to clean and have dinner. I made a pretty tasty Sweet and Sour Chicken. Went to bed really early last night cuz I was beat!

No comments: