About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

T Minus 8 Days (Wed. June 27)

A hot and stormy day today. Had to wait for the washer man to come and fix the NEW washer. They said between 8 and 12. He came at 11:30. But Syd was here to entertain me. Three year olds can be so much fun. We watched Kiyou, played on the computer and chatted. Then we decided to take her out to lunch and then to the airport to pick up Niki. We got her car seat and everything. We went to Don Pablos. I think Syd enjoyed it very much. She loved the airport seeing the planes on the runway and taking off. But she loved surprising Niki even more.

Later in the afternoon it was off to the Detroit Shock game with my little sis Alyssa. She had never been to the Palace so it was quite exciting for her. By the third quarter she really got into the game whopping and hollering like everyone else. We ate hot dogs, chips, popcorn and cotton candy! The game was sponsored (free) from the BBBS organization. We had to ride down to the Palace on a Flint School bus though. It was storming on the way home. All the kids screamed every time the lightning flashed. (which was about every 20 or 30 seconds) The bus was cramped. The were putting 3 kids to a seat, 2 adults. Well, behind me there was 3 boys probably 5th grade sitting together. Now you can imagine that. They were off the chain. I finally had to give them my best "stern" teacher lecture. Even that didn't work with one little guy. Finally, I had them switch seats and I sat with the rowdy one. Now I have a new little friend named Christian who is a very hyper 11 yr old. He likes Ninjas and does well in school. I tested him on his time tables and asked him how lighning is formed. He did very well on both. He just needed some attention I think. He was quite a bit calmer by the time we pulled into the BBBS parking lot.
Check in later for T MInus Day 7

No comments: