About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weighty Matters ~ Week 5

Interested?
or

Committed?


That was the topic for this week's meeting.

Interest: a feeling of curiosity or concern about something that makes the attention turn toward it


Committ: intransitive verb to pledge devotion or dedication to somebody or something


So, the question is am I interested in becoming healthy or committed to becoming healthy? Ah, ha. Some deep soul searching here. I think I've only been just interested. I see that I must become committed. I did lose a pound this week, bringing the total to 4.2. See that is merely an interest. I can't get too hard on myself however, because it is still moving in a forward direction. This week I commit to "be committed."

What does this mean?


  • Making good food choices

  • Exercising

  • Tracking points

  • Not over eating

Simple right? hmmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easier said than done. I think i am always interested, but not committed much. That the key-thanks.