About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Field Trip


Upland Hills Farm with 90 1st graders! Well, I only had 2 in my charge. We started by feeding corn to the ducks. Then off to the barn for an animal show. The best part was the goat on a track over our heads. He kept going from one side of the barn (top) to the other; until the farmer put a pail on a pole and fed him. Most of the kids really enjoyed it when the cow pooped and peed! Next, we had lunch (bag) under the pavilion. I didn't get to eat mine because I left it in the truck. The kids were (kinda) happy to share. I bought a hotdog at the stand. After lunch was a tractor pulled hay ride. That was loads of fun. Especially when I kept sliding down towards the end of the wagon. Syd did a good job of holding on to my legs. I ended up meeting a neighbor that lives down the street. Then we marched to the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin. It was a beautiful day~ A fun time was had by all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

90 kids! Oh how I wish I could go-NOT!!! But I am glad you enjoyed it esp. since you had 2 kids in your charge. What a beautiful day for it.

Renee said...

and thank you so much for going..She was pretty sad that i wasn't going, but you going helped take her mind off of that fact i wasn't there..Yes and the cow pooping and pee-in was the part we heard about first..Silly kids..
Thanks Again