About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Plans Gone Awry




Yesterday started out warm and sunny. First stop was the little restaurant in SC for their awesome baked oatmeal. A few little errands, then we were off to Frankenmuth. They had a tiny farmer's market. Bought a home made dog bone for the dog. Then over to the cheese shop in town, where I bought a few items for Christmas. Then over to River Place where we did a little more Christmas shopping. We ate lunch at the Frankenmuth Brewery where Kevin and Audrey had their wedding reception. It has changed hands since then. It was still nice and we ate outside on the deck. Next over to Birch Run to the outlet mall. This is where things went sideways. We stopped at "Justice" where Katie works to say hi. They said she had just left to go to the hospital because she was having pains. Meanwhile, she had been trying to call us. Hence, Sarah took her to the hospital and I went home to take care of the dog and wait. She ended up with some minor infections and sent her on her way. It was about 8 pm, (I had already cancelled out B&B reservations) so we just went out for dinner.


This morning dawned even warmer and sunnier. I decided I wanted to get some fallish things. Went to a farm market in Linden and ended up getting cornstalks and gourds. I kept seeing those gorgeous purple flowery things on the side of the road. I finally convinced Sarah to stop and we picked a large bunch. After a few errands we ended up back at home. Accomplished quit a few chores. Put the camper back in it's spot. Put away the rest of the garage sale things. I mowed the lawn. Cleaned up the garage a bit. BBQ chicken, apple salad and sweet potato fries for dinner. Now I'm relaxing with a cup of Scottish tea and some of the Pumpkin Polka Dot cookies I made last week. The plan is to go to the Chesaning B& B next weekend.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That is too bad...glad Katie is okay and hopefully the plans work out next week. Was the treat for Bailey's 10th birthday? It is today 10-10-10 and he is 10. I think they may have been born at 10am too:-). Princess opened her present and loves it(of course it squeaks).

Unknown said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend despite things...and you got a lot done and some pretty decorations up. It was a beautiful weekend.