About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, October 8, 2010

This and That or Nuts & Bolts


Nuts and Bolts.

Right now I am hating those box elder insects. They are everywhere. Coming in the house when and where ever they can get in. Oh, well, that is the price for the awesome weather we are enjoying.
As you can see I missed my "Weighty Matters" edition. Hmm, that's because I am having a hard time getting with the program. Had another minor setback this week. It's really all about making choices. I really haven't been making smart choices all the time. I did have a victory earlier on Wed. however. We were celebrating Richie's birthday with pizza and chocolate cake. YIKES. I ended up making a low carb veggie pizza for myself and making some WW pumpkin cookies. The cookies are delics. and only 1 point per cookie. If anyone wants the recipe I'll forward to you. I enjoy the home made pizza better than the pizza joint stuff anyway. I loaded it up with all my favorite veggie toppings, some pineapple and low fat mozz. cheese. Put it all on a high fiber, low cal flat bread.
It's been really crazy around here. Slammed with work. (not complaining mind you) but then the trailer broke, had it get it fixed. A belt was going on the truck, had to get that fixed. blah, blah, blah. Going to a B & B in Chesening on Saturday. Maybe do some Christmas shopping at Birch Run. Probably find a festival or farmer's market or some such thing. Maybe dinner at Frankenmuth. Yikes on that one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Recipe please. I like all things pumpkin this time of year. Small victories can turn into larger ones. Chesening is one place I haven't been. Enjoy

Kristen said...

My SIL has millions of box elder bugs and babies. Dude came out to spray and told them to get rid of their box elder trees! I have never seen one at my house and we r just a few miles away.