About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

And there is lots of snow. We probably received 6 inches. That's allot for an "off again, on again" snow storm. There was a snow day for most of the mid state area. I braved the temps and the roads and took a trip to Meijers. I wanted to see what kind of organic produce and other organic items they had. All in all I have to see Meijers and Kroger are pretty equal. I did get some wonderful items. Gold beets. Haven't had those kind before, so I'm anxious to try them. I'm even going to make a side dish with the beet greens. They looked really nice. Oh wait, I'm writing all this on the wrong blog. Ha ha
Anyway, so I am enjoying my afternoon tea and crumpets. Apple and cinnamon spice green tea and a special K honey nut granola bar. The tea was nicely made with my new kettle and teapot! :)
It's that time of year again. Auditions for the bi-annual dinner theatre of the Swartz Creek Center Stage. Auditions start Monday. I am excited as now I know I can do it. Stay tuned for up and coming details.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so good at the healthy foods and thinking up new recipes. Motivates me!! Ooops wrong blog.
We got a little less than 4" of snow.
Are the Special K bars good and good for you?

Magnoliawhispers said...

watch out for the gold beets, if you know what I mean

Kathy said...

They're ok. The honey nut bars have 90 cals, 16 carbs, 2 fat, but no fiber. I like them.
LOL on the beets.

Laura said...

ok....I'm going to try to make it again this year...let me know the dates of the performance! What's the play?