About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the Tenth Day of Christmas

So much to do so little time. Finally got to the post office to mail the out of town packages. I had tried to go Monday; whoa-- no parking spots. So I made it there by 8:30 a.m. yesterday. No line! In the afternoon Syd, Evan and I made gingerbread peeps. That was fun. We broke a few legs trying to peel them up from the wax paper, but Evan did some surgery to fix them up. They still tasted fine! Last night a trip to the gym then a meal at Taboon. (mid-eastern) We counted at least 15 items + meals that don't include meat. We are trying to go meatless. That is not to say we are vegetarian, but heading in that direction. Haven't had meat in 5 days. This week's menu has 5 meals planned with no meat. Anyway, the dish we tried at Taboon was wonderful. A stirfry veggie dish over rice. Pita and hummus to start. Can't wait to return and try something else. Then off to do some last minute Christmas shopping. It was freezing and the roads were terrible. The wind was just whipping through my clothes. I hope that is the end of the shopping. I think we're done.
Anyway on this 10th day of Christmas I think I'll just stay inside. Wrap gifts, clean my messy kitchen, etc.. I am only goin out to pick up Syd from school. What will we do today? Probably play: house and playdough and maybe watch that kid (can't spell his name) on tv.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay I ask you again, where were you when I was a vegetarian for 2 years!! It is really a good way to get your veggies and beans.
Funny story about gingerbread peeps.

Kathy said...

I tell you again I was eating like a pig.

Magnoliawhispers said...

I could go beefless, but not chickenless, just had 2 pieces of KFC grilled chicken and it was GR-E-A-T