About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve & Bread Pudding

Did the last minute grocery shopping. Everyone was in a merry mood. Even the bag guy. Still gotta make the bread pudding. And of course wrap a few last minute items. Bailey's bag of treats! The girls are at grandma's helping (and out of my hair thank goodness!) Tomorrow's breakfast is stuffed french toast and bacon and sausage. Have to cook for the kids you know. Nothing low fat/sugar there. Except I will use sugarfree jam for my stuffed french toast. I'm home alone jamming out to The Young Messiah, my favorite music to listen to at Christmas time.
Okay, here's the promised bread pudding recipe. (props to Grandma Rush)
grease 9 X 13 pan
butter 8 or 9 slices of day old bread and sprinkle with cinnamon; layer in pan
In sauce pan stirring constant: 3 beaten eggs, 1 qt milk, 2 C sugar, 1 stick margerine, dash of salt
scald then add 2 t. vanilla
pour over bread, let set 5 minutes
bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes
Vanilla sauce
1 C sugar, 2T. flour, 1/4 t. salt, 1 can evap. milk, 3/4 C water
remove and add: 1 T. butter, 2&1/4 t. vanilla
Serve warm over bread pudding
**optional add 1/2 C raisins
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Young Messiah!! And the bread pudding looks good. Mom used to make bread pudding. I loved it.

Magnoliawhispers said...

yes, bread pudding is the comfortiet of the comfort food