About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

On The Ninth Day of Christmas

Miscellaneous stuff.
Today will be the 7th day with no meat. Tonight is bean soup- yum. That's kind of boring but I am getting more creative with the meals. last nite was pesto pasta with mushrooms and tomatoes. It was very good.
Today is library day for me and Sydney. (and we go to McDonald's--shhhhhhh) I'll be having a salad, no chicken of course and the apple & nut snack.
Congrats to Robbie & Caytee and their new guy Riley! He is cute with lots of hair. Gotta run!

7 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

how do you make bean soup w/0 meat? Ham flavoring?

Kathy said...

Well, I'm actually simmering with ham hocks, just not putting meat into it.

Unknown said...

You can use low sodium vegetable broth. It comes in a box and is in the organic foods at the grocery store. A bay leaf is very helpful too. Then you don't have to use the ham hock.

Chris said...

glad I was not at your house tonight....since they are the magical fruit. lol

Magnoliawhispers said...

I couldn't eat bean or pea soup without the ham flavor

Magnoliawhispers said...

p.s. I am so way into beans, lentils, peas, etc. And Beano works great. Ask Jack,hee hee

Kathy said...

Well, I already had the ham hocks in the freezer so I just wanted to get rid of it. I DID use a bay leaf from my bay tree! :)) Thanks again.