About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

12th and 13th of the Month of December

Been a little hectic in the past couple of days. Friday we went to Sarah's uncle's funeral in Shelby Twp. That was quite a drive. Got home late in the afternoon. Then we had the 2nd annual KNS work Christmas dinner. We went to Mongolian BBQ. Then everyone came back and we played Monopoly and Balderdash. My 2 favorite games. Lots of fun. Got to bed late. Slept in. Then drove to Rochester to dine at a Vegetarian Restaurant. Very good. Had a potato garlic dip on toasted wheat pita, and we split an organic vegan veggie burger. Also very good. Then a trip to Whole Foods Market. It has moved to a larger facility. It was pretty awesome. Got some almond milk (that's what we drink now) some organic fruits & veggies, some soy cheese, and a whole bunch of other stuff. A really tasty cranberry & nut bread. Oh yes, and a bottle of organic wine that I can't wait to try.
Then rush home, change clothes to go to the concert at Cornerstone Church where my brother attends. He and my nephew were playing the drums. It was pretty awesome. Then we went out to eat at Olga's. Snackers & cheese and a salad. Niki & John (her new beau) came with us. I think they enjoyed the concert and the meal. He seems like a really nice guy. (so far).
Tomorrow starts the 12th day of Christmas.... and so on.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We ate at that Olga's today for lunch. Had the cinnamon snackers and took them next door to Starbucks and Don and I shared a small bag of them and a coffee.
My you are getting so healthy-I am going to fall over-where were you when I was into all that stuff??

Kathy said...

Eating like a pig...

Unknown said...

Touche'

Kristen said...

Whoa! Are you a vegetarian now? That has to be hard to do! Keep it up though!you're doing great and kinda motivating me...