About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Red Door and More


It's been beautiful and fun couple of days in S.C. Yesterday we went to my sister's shop, "The Red Door" and messed around. I mostly sat on the front porch in a rocking chair and sipped my tea, pronounced "teaay." I actually rang up a few customers and even gave the change back right! Then when we were finishing up dinner (Calif. Pizza Kitchen pizza, Jan said let's go we're going somewhere for a surprise. Marlene was all in a panic and thought we were going to a southern bible study! We actually went on a private carriage ride around historic Camden. It was awesome! Warm and just the right time of evening. The sun was setting and with all the flowers, bushes etc. blooming it was smellyicious! Our horse Shadow knew the way and clipp-clopped along at a nice pace. 1/2 way through the ride we stopped at a billionaire's mansion because my sister ( I won't mention which one) had to pee. So they went right up to the house to use the bathroom. Quit funny.
Today we bombed around Camden. Had lunch at a little place then went to a bunch of shops - antique and second hand shops. Oh well. BUT, then we found a cousin to the Beal's Outlets like they have in FL. and Marlene and I had a ball. Tonight Jan and I went out for dinner at the "Ole South" a restaurant where people died of food poisoning a few years back!! Long story. We were brave enough to try it. Good ole southern food, everything fried in "fatback." Except the peach cobbler - yummy. Let's see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

how come mar didnt go out to eat with you? did she stay home with jack?

Kathy said...

No she was getting a massage! 1 and 1/2 hour long massage!!