About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Know You Missed My Blog




Because you are all harassing me....... JK Well it has taken some time for me to get my self back together after my vaca. You know, laundry, shopping, cleaning, paying bills, etc.. And last night we went to the Piston's game. Very cool - They were celebrating the 50th year of the Pistons. (Lisa you are getting behind) So 30 of the top scorers were there. I saw John Sally, Bill Lambier, John or James Edwards, Vinnie Johnson, Joe Dumars, Isiah Thomas etc. just to name a few. Got a souvenir hat signed by the Edwards guy. Also got special passes to go to the press conf. after the game, exciting stuff!
The pictures on my blog took place on my second to last day in S.C. That is my sister Jan sleeping on the picnic table at the beach. That is after she already took a nap right on the beach a few minutes earlier! It was hot & windy and really pretty there. We went to the state park. She told me it is where they filmed the Vietnam scene from Forest Gump, cool huh? We went to Beufort and shopped, ate and then went to the beach. Lunch was very exciting. We stopped at a BBQ joint. While we were finishing up our delicious bbq, smoke started pouring out from the side porch where they were heating the coals. Apparently the coals started on fire. The flames were almost up to the ceiling. The waitress went out with a water bottle and shot the flames out. We hurried out of the smokey joint! For dinner we went to an awesome seafood place. We had an hour wait! But it was pretty, we sat out by the water and I took the picture of the shrimp boat. We pigged out on shrimp, flounder, crab, scallops salad and baked potato. No room for dessert! We got home at about midnight. Fell flat out asleep. I was tired from driving - I had to drive - Jan said her glasses were not too good for night driving. We really had a good time in the south! The people are really nice and friendly.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Hi Kathy,
You made me smile with the account of the 'sisters three' vacation. No wonder your dad gives me an update on your activities each week!
Betty

Lisa said...

HaHaHa, NASA is celebrating their 50th tomorrow!

Unknown said...

So I talked to Betty today-she loves your blog. Better keep writing!