About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Very Mini-mini 1/2 Day Vaca

I was supposed to go out to some jobs on Friday, but we decided to scratch that and take a mini vaca.  First stop was the Parshalville Cider Mill in Parshallville, near Fenton.  It is a historic site in MI.  I got hot cider and a doughnut.  Next stop was the Spicer Orchard.  A sign posted said that they used to have orchards at Haggerty Rd. in Northville.  I'm thinking maybe this is where we went to get apples and cider as kids.?  Anyway, they had wine tasting, so I tasted a few real sweet fruit wines.  Didn't buy any. :(  But I did buy some kettle korn.  Yumm!  Then we went on to Brighton and ate at a nice little Bistro.  Almost got killed going around in circles's on those darn round-a-bouts!  Then I remembered a quaint little shop in Dixboro, so we decided to venture out and see if it was still there.  Indeed, we were rewarded for the venture.  It it still there, a little general store that was all decked out in Halloween decorations.  We decided we would like to go back for their Christmas decorations!!  Back to Brighton to the Barnes & Noble for some hot beverages and a couple hours of reading and relaxing.  Finished up the day with dinner at Olga's Kitchen.  Yum-O!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun vaca. Love that store in Dixboro. The orchard on Haggerty used to be called Erwin Orchards I think.