About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ancestry Dot Com

I had some "free time" ? last night so I decided to get back into my genealogy research.  I realized I had some cool records that I had found on my "genealogy trip" that I went on last spring to the Ft. Wayne Library.  I had found  some kind of registration cards, census records, US depart. of Labor Manifest, all for my paternal grandfather, Robert J. Russell. So last night I dug around and found his Naturalization record, then I found out the ship he sailed from Ireland and have an actual copy of the Passenger List.  I found out that he sailed on the ship Columbia from Londonderry Ireland which left on 25, September, 1920.  The ship arrived on 5 October, 1920 in New York, New York.  So I thought wow, that must have  been Ellis Island.  So I looked up the record for Ellis Island and found out that is where the ship landed.  Pretty exciting stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way cool! LOVE it. We need to make a scrapbook in your free? time!