About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, September 19, 2008

New Recipe for Mac & Cheese

I saw this on tv. Just can't remember what I was watching. It wasn't anything on the cooking channel. Oh well. I took some pictures because Marlene keeps telling me to do that. So this is:



Fluffy Macaroni and Cheese


I also took a shot of my lovely place setting and my new fall table decorations. Sarah said I should have stuck a sprig of like Rosemary or Basil or something on it. Maybe next time.

The recipe has several secret ingredients:
Evaporated milk, Velveeta cheese, Cheddar cheese, egg, sugar and a pinch of nutmeg. It was way delisioso!
So the recipe: (i actually hate writing recipes cause I don't really measure.
1/2 box macaroni - cooked el dente
1/2 cube of small velveeta cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 can evaporated milk
1 egg
1/4 C sugar or less to taste
pinch of nutmeg
1 t dry mustard (can make w/out)
mix noodles 3/4 of milk egg sugar nutmeg & mustard
melt cheese reserve 1 C for top
pour cheese mix into macaroni
bake at 400 for about 1/2 hour
pour remaining milk and mix half way
after 1/2 hour top w/ remaining cheese and broil 5 min.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a regular Martha Stewart. Sounds good and the pictures turned out good. I agree about the Rosemary or Basil. Always add a fresh herb!

Kristen said...

YUM! so, if you wnat this to be a cooking blog, go into your post options and type in "cooking, recipes, fluffy mac-n-cheese... etc. then go into your settings to make sure it can be found by people searching. (-:

Kathy said...

Oh, cool, thanks for the tip! I will try that.

Kathy said...

Ok, what do I do in the settings area to make sure it can be found by people searching?

Magnoliawhispers said...

so where's the recipe so we can make it?