About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Pamper Day And I Don't Mean Diapers

Yesterday I decided we needed an afternoon of pampering. So I made appointments at the Sumerset Spa for Sarah to have a massage and me to have an Ultimate facial and then a nail appointment to get some acrylic nails. Sarah enjoyed her massage and the Ultimate facial was awesome. It included a arm/hand & leg/foot massage, as well as of course a facial massage.

Rumor has it that I will receive more information today about my job. They are supposed to be having a BIG phone conference today to get more details.. We shall see...

Lots of rain expected for this weekend. That's fine. I am armed with lots o' books. Marlene gave me 3 or 4 and I had ordered some from the library and picked up 2 yesterday. I started reading Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber yesterday. probably 1/2 way through it already. So it will be a Read-A-Thon weekend.
Doesn't a BIG pot of chili and cornbread sound good??

P.S. Lisa - Cavette is already bye-bye from Center Academy.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How is 20 Wishes. I haven't read any Debbie McComber books in awhile. I had the ultimate facial at the GRAND HOTEL-mine was just like that. The chili sounds good-except isn't it supposed to be pretty warm out? I am ready to ditch the summer recipes and start with fall and winter so it does sound good. How about if I just blog on your blog. That's what this is.

Kathy said...

Twenty wishes is good. part of the "Blossom Street" series. I just realized that I think Debbie Macomber is a christian - by the stuff she writes. It won't be so warm over the weekend. I'm kind of tire of the "summer" food. Ok, so now you're just going to blog on my blog? I'm trying to figure out how to make my blog a regular blog AND a cooking blog too. I don't want to have 2 seperate blogs.

Unknown said...

You just write a cooking blog and blogger shows you how to catergorize your blogs i.e. the cooking ones would be under cooking.

Magnoliawhispers said...

send me some of your leftover books

Unknown said...

Send me some of your left-over chili and cornbread!

Renee said...

Clean up your yard messy neighbors! Toilet paper stays in the bathroom not your front yard..

Kathy said...

Huh?
Ok.
Not really making any.
MYOB.

Kristen said...

Cavette? is that a girl's name? never heard of it... Cavan can name his daughter that!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Kathy said...

Nooooooooooooooooo! It's someone's last name and we DON'T really like her!

Unknown said...

Cavan naming his daughter Cavette-cute. lol

Unknown said...

Can we move on to a new blog?

Kathy said...

sure, ok.