About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Magical Ice Kingdom




Last night on my way to play practice I was overwhelemed with the beauty of the ice on all the trees and bushes. The sun was not yet set so it created a kind of sparkly magical Ice Kingdom effect. I called Sarah and asked her to take a few photos. Alas, I finally had a subject for my next blog. I only hope all that heavy ice doesn't wreck havoc on the trees.




Last night's dish:


Thai Shrimp & veggies over pasta




Really awesome and healthy.


Soak the shrimp in the Thai Curry paste (2 - 8 hours)


put oil in the pan - heat up 2 minced garlic


add veggies: - I used mushrooms, onions, broccoli, cut up tomatoes


after veggies cooked add: 3/4 cup white wine, lime zest and 1/2 lime juice


add shrimp - cook another 4 minutes or so


top with more lime juice and cilantro


serve over whole wheat spaghetti

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy we don't have any of the sparkling ice. It is so pretty. Thanks fo the dinner recipe!!

Unknown said...

Hope the ice is melted and you will be up for blogging soon.

Chris said...

Hellllooooo!!! Are you planning on updating this blog or NOT!!