About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

80/20 Rule

Embrace the 80/20 Rule ~ From Biggest Loser
Why perfectionism can stop you in your tracks

It's a struggle our Biggest Loser Club weight loss coaches help our members grapple with every day. As Greg Hottinger, RD, and nutrition expert told a BLC member recently, perfectionism is not the road to long-term weight loss success. He urges members to strive for meeting their plan's goals 80% of the time, and to give themselves a little slack 20% of the time. If they follow that principle, over time the weight will come off.


On a more personal note, I was so happy to see the sun and feel it's warmth today. I even went for a walk. It was quite a gang. Sarah, Katie, RJ in the stroller, Bailey and I all took a walk. Very nice. I had a nice Dr. visit today. I am on a new injectable diabetes med. My sugars are heading in the right direction; down. We have RJ until tomorrow night, that should be fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea for 80% and SUN!!!