About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Blue Skies, Sunshine and Dolphins







Yesterday dawned sunny and a bit crisp. Temp only in the 40's at rising time. It did warm up a bit so we went down to the beach area. We checked out some campgrounds for possible future trips. Then we did a little shopping. I had to buy a sweatshirt because it was so chilly. Then we drove to the north side of the island to check out a few more shops that someone told us about. We decided to have lunch at the City Pier. It's a long pier out into the bay and a little shack of a restaurant at the end. There were people fishing of the dock. I had a shrimp po'boy and Sarah had a grouper sandwich; both were very good. As we were leaving some people were talking and pointing out to sea. We turned to see what the fuss was and saw 2 fins slicing through the water. They were pretty close. It was an awesome sight.
I made homemade spaghetti sauce and we had pasta, salad and garlic bread for dinner. Cooking on vacation? Yes, it's relaxing to me. Cheaper than eating out too. Today is going to be a hang out day. It's suppsed to rain. There is talk of a trip to CEC. (Chuckie Cheese) I am learning to spell and talk in code around the little ears. A 2 yr old and 4 yr old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you almost fooled me with the title although the blue skies and dolphins look wonderful. Glad you had a nice day yesterday before today's not-so-lovely day.

Chris said...

You just HAD to buy a sweatshirt because it was not cold when you left the house.....NOT!! I would not have taken any so I would have to buy something. That is my motto "I can get what I need when I get there". Well not always. The boy is doing great. He sheds like a dog though. Climbed up in bed with me this morning and tried to be sneaky. It worked for a good hour before Princess found him.