About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday is Field Day ~This Week

The Entry Way

The Parlour!
Wow, we went to this really "sweet" old house in Pinckney today. I mean it was amazing. Like a real classic. The woodwork, the really old doorknobs and stained glass windows. The rooms, I would love to decorate this house. Sigh. I'm sore. We moved 62 gallons of paint from the basement. Loaded up a trailer full of "exterior debris." But it was a nice warm day for such work. Got lots of metal for scrapping. There was some strange and wonderful items. 2 vintage bikes that my sister would probably sell on e-bay, but we'll just put em in the metal scrap. Got a huge shop vac that actually works! Most of the rest of the stuff was j-u-n-k. We'll probably go back because the peeps busted the locks we put up, peed in the toilets, and tore down the stickers, and even turned the water back on. They left a lovely plate of mac-n-cheese and some dog doo-doo on the floor. So maybe I will get to see my dream house again.
While visiting the quaint town of Pinckney we had a chance to stop at the Zukey Lake Tavern. Kind of a neat place, right on Zukey Lake. I had been there once a long time ago.


2 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

oh no, I would love the bikes!

Kathy said...

Ok, they're still on the trailer. Come get em!