About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Nice, Peaceful, Relaxing Day

I got to sleep in a little bit. Then I ran off to Home Depot to see if they carried the "red, green, white" Christmas lights that we needed to finish the job. Already tried Gilroy's and Big Lots. But, Home Depot doesn't carry them either. Went to Lowe's. Apparently no one carries those any more. So I bought a colored strand and a plain white (clear) strand and spent a few hours pulling out then snapping back in the lights in the correct arrangement. Then Susan called from Florida. Seems they finally downloaded SKYPE to their computer and wanted us to do the same. After downloading the program and making some adjustments we were able to connect! It was so fun! Little Mya (age almost 3) was pretty tickled. What a nice way to keep in touch. It is a video phone call and it's FREE!!
After visiting with them for quit a while I decided to get back to finishing the lights. I ran out of red and green. Another trip to Lowe's. More pulling and snapping. Finally got the lights up and working. [Check em out Renee] A quick trip to the grocery store and then some reading.
For dinner I invented a recipe. Pork chops smothered in apples, sweet potatoes, sweet potato squash, leeks all sprinkled with brown sugar, a little juice from an orange and Cinnamon. Served with fresh brussel sprouts w/walnuts coated with a little butter & brown sugar. It was all very yummy! After I see about tomorrow's work schedule I will see if I can finish my book. All the while enjoying my desert; brownies with black beans inside. (smushed up good of course!)

5 comments:

Renee said...

i was just outside and did not see them..Hopefully you are waiting til after Thanksgiving to turn them on..

Magnoliawhispers said...

recipe for black bean brownie please

Kathy said...

They r on the roof, but correct-o, we are not turning them on until after T-day.

Unknown said...

I saw the recipe for the black bean brownies in the book. Amazing. Was your pork chop dinner approved do you think? What's with the red and green lights. Not sure I understood that whole story.

Kathy said...

The pork chop dinner, no not so much on the low GI plan, but as far as food goes, it was probably only one notch down. It would've been in most lowfat plans.