About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

RoseMary's Freezer Pickles

A little birdie told me that some peeps were wanting my mom's freezer pickle recipe. Tis the season, so here it is. ( I of course have the recipe :) I don't really like cukes but I remember that these are yummy.
Freezer Pickles
5-6 3 inch sliced cukes
2 C sliced onions
4 t kosher salt
2 t water
1 t dried dill weed
1/4 C vinegar
3/4 C sugar
mix cukes, onions and salt. Mix in 2 t water in 2 qt bowl (non aluminum)
let stand for 2 hours. Drain, do not rinse
Return to bowl, add sugar, vinegar and dill.
Let stand until sugar dissolves liquid covers the veggies
Put in containers and freeze.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I TOTALLY want these! I think you should make them for me :)

Kathy said...

Okay, maybe I will...

Unknown said...

me too:)