About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Granola, Gronola Bars & Muffins

My niece Karen called today to get my recipe for homemade granola. Then I told her about my awesome nut-raisin lowfat, low sugar muffins. She took that one too. Then she gave me her recipe for Granola Bars - yum they sound good. I made the granola tonight and plan to make the granola bars for when we go camping on the weekend.
Homemade Granola:
6 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup each of pecans, almonds, walnuts
1/3 cup warm water
1 and 1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cherries
mix together water, oil and honey in small bowl
mix oats and nuts in large mixing bowl
then put oil mix into dry
put in 2 large cookie sheets and bake on 325
bake 10 minutes,, stir, then bake 10 more minutes
let cool completely then add raisins and cherries

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good. Hers are yummy. Problem is you can't eat just one. I will have to get your muffin recipe for my chef. What are we doing on Thursday the 13th? Someone called me to tell me we are going to the market, then trader Joes then here? hmmm...I go to the market early you know :)

Laura said...

Will you please post or e me your muffin recipe too?

:)