About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Garden Is A Mess O Weeds

Weeds, weeds, and more weeds! Whew. The garden is not doing so well. One of the farmers at the Farmer's market said it's not been good weather for the plants because we havn't had warm nights. Then with being gone so long the weeds took over. Spent some time this morning pulling out 3 foot weeds. So far we've had 2 cukes, a yellow squash, a zuchinni, and a handful of beans. Got some corn, plums, tomatoes and cantelope from the F.M. Gonna grill a steak, boil the corn and make a fruit bowl for dinner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have some funky 3 foot tall weeds out in my garden. They are everywhere. Can't figure out what they are. Pulled a lot out. What farmer's market did you go to? Dinner sounds great. I am having my banana icecream for desset. We had grilled patti pan squash marinated in garlic expressions dressing-oh baby!! Well this is good, now I don't have to write on my blog.

Kathy said...

ha. Went to the Swartz Creek F.M. - It is small, it's ok. You can do the whole thing in like 20 minutes. We walk slow! :-)